Selenium | 90 Vegan Caps (200mcg)
Selenium is an essential mineral that is a star player on the Antioxidant A-Team along with Vitamins A, C and E. It strengthens our immune system and has the power to pump up immune cells from scrawny weaklings into deadlifting beefcakes. Our bodies need selenium in a big way, but many of us are deficient. This is because much of the produce today is grown in mineral-depleted soil. Plants can only absorb selenium; they don’t actually produce it. We get selenium in our diet by eating plants with selenium or eating animals that ate lots of plants containing selenium. Mineral-depleted soil means selenium-deficient food. The other challenge is that there aren’t a lot of foods that accumulate much selenium, even if they are grown in selenium-rich soil. Brazil nuts offer the highest concentrations (eating two per day can give you a daily dose), but we’ve found that it’s surprisingly hard to get your hands on quality nuts. What you typically find in the grocery store is already rancid, which isn’t just a flavour problem, it actually can be harmful. Fish such as tuna and halibut are the other big source of selenium, but friends don’t let friends get their daily dose of selenium from fish. If you eat seafood, you are probably aware that it’s wise to limit consumption to minimize exposure to heavy metals such as mercury.
Selenium 200mcg. Other Ingredients: Rice Flour, Cellulose (Vegetable Capsule), Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate.
Take 1 vegan capsule daily with water as needed.
Always consult your physician or licensed qualified healthcare professional before using this product. Human variation allows each of us to be unique but unfortunately this means that one's health care must also be unique. What one may find helpful, another may not notice at all, and yet another may find overwhelming. This product has GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) designation by the FDA, but if you are typically sensitive to other supplements, drugs, foods, etc., please keep that in mind when taking Nested Naturals products and err on the side of caution. Furthermore, substances can have adverse side effects when taken with particular health issues or when used in combination with other substances. Your doctor will have your extensive medical health history as well as knowledge of what other substances you are consuming. Your doctor will know best if this product is right for you, and if so what dosage is likely to procure the best results. Your health and well-being is important to us and we are happy you chose Nested Naturals!See more
- LOVE OUR SELENIUM, OR YOUR MONEY BACK | Hello, we’re Nested Naturals. Nice to meet you! We're a socially conscious company that believes in only using the the best, most ethically produced ingredients available, 3rd party testing every batch and donating to charity to make the world a better place. We stand behind this pledge with our Lifetime Guarantee. If you’re not happy with your purchase, simply call or email us.
- SUPPORT CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH | The largest concentrations of selenium are found in the thyroid. If your levels are low, your body can’t make and maintain appropriate levels of the thyroid’s key hormones. Research suggests that selenium’s antioxidant properties may also protect the heart from oxidative damage.
- BOOST YOUR IMMUNITY & REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM | Selenium helps white blood cells respond to infection, an important function in the regulation of the immune system. Clinical studies also show that it plays a critical role in the quality and motility of sperm, which are very susceptible to oxidation, in men. The anti-oxidizing powers of Selenium is suggested to play an important role in female fertility and healthy pregnancies, as well.
- AN OPTIMAL DAILY DOSE OF HIGH ABSORPTION ANTIOXIDANT | Selenium increases the body’s levels of glutathione, a “master anti-oxidant” that combats free radical damage and reduces inflammation. We use the Selenomethionine form of this essential mineral because it is the most bioavailable form of supplemental selenium. Just one capsule a day gives you the optimal dose of 200 mcg (micrograms).
- 100% NON GMO, NUT FREE AND VEGAN. LOVE IT OR YOUR MONEY BACK | Nested Naturals Selenium is proudly vegan, non-GMO, yeast-free and made with love in the US in a NSF certified GMP facility. It is third-party tested and certified before it ships to ensure you’re getting exactly what the label says. We stand behind our promise with a lifetime moneyback guarantee. There’s no hitch. Just email or call us.
We Also Recommend
Llama Naturals Plant Based Vitamin Bites (Adults) | 90 Fruit Bites (30 Days Supply)